Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Kidneys and Armies

A friend at work pointed out this article in The Economist about one of my favorite topics: legalizing the sale of human organs. I came across the idea of kidney markets through Gary Becker, who wrote an interesting paper that I used in my Senior Project. Check out Table 7 in Becker's paper (PDF page 44), which outlines the logical consistency in supporting both a volunteer army and a kidney market.

Of course, today I saw in the paper that some people (like Charles Rangel) do not support a volunteer army. I suppose being inconsistent is better than being consistently un-free. What would Milton Friedman do?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
CrispAds Blog Ads

Does someone you know deserve flowers?
Web Site Hit Counter
Dell Canada

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?